Once you’ve tasted nut milk, ditching dairy is an easy task. Making nut milk is very quick and easy and once you know how to make it, you can use it in a variety of recipes to replace all sorts of dairy products. You can use it in smoothies to replace milk or yoghurt, you can pour it over your breakfast cereal or even use it to make ice cream. The pulp can also be dried, stored and later used as flour or pup in other recipes.
HOW TO MAKE NUT MILK
- Blend 1 litre of good quality water with 1 cup of nuts in a blender.
- Strain through the nut milk bag, squeezing out all the liquid.
- Pour the milk into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Turn the nut pulp onto a solid dehydrator tray and dehydrate until completely dry. You can also dry it out on a baking tray in a very low heat oven.
- Once dry, blend the pulp in a dry blender until it is flour
- Store the flour in a sealed container and use for baking.