THE RAW ZONE
About the Raw Zone
We have introduced The Raw Zone because we are concerned about our planet and we want to make a difference, however small. We have started with a few products and hope to grow this aspect of the business, in time.
We have worked hard to minimise the packaging in The Raw Zone, and any packaging we have used is 100% recyclable or biodegradable and/or compostable.
The only packaging we use in The Raw Zone includes:
Corn starch bags – fully compostable
Popcorn – we use popcorn as protective packaging, air popped daily for freshness make it safe for human consumption and purrfect as an occasional treat for pets.
We have minimised the labelling on or Raw Zone products by using stamps instead of vinyl labels. Where needed, a full ingredient list or instructions can be viewed on the caferaw.co.za website
HOW TO MAKE CHUNKY SEED LOAF
- Heat the oven to 180o C.
- Empty the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl
- Fill the container with hot water, allowing the oil to melt. Add to dry ingredients.
- Fill the container a 2nd time and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Press into a greased bread pan.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Turn out on a cooling rack and allow to cool before cutting.
HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES
- Heat a non-stick pan to high heat. Add an oil. Coconut oil works really well.
- Mix ⅓ of a cup (80ml) of pancake mix with 100ml of cold water or plant milk. Mix very quickly.
- Immediately add to the pan pouring from the centre outwards.
- Cook for two minutes, turn down the heat if you need to, flip, then cook for another minute.
Crumpets: Use a little less nut milk/water. Drop tablespoons of mixture into heated coconut oil and cook as above.
HOW TO MAKE FALAFEL
Add 200ml boiling water per 110g pouch of dry mix and stir quickly, no longer than 30 secs. Cover with a plate and allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes. Roll into balls, flatten slightly and shallow fry or bake.
- Heat oil.
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Or you can deep fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Grease a non-stick pan using your favourite oil.
- Place the falafels on the pan and brush them with oil.
- Bake for more or less 15 minutes, depending on your oven, turning the falafels over midway.